McKeel Academy Central has a mandatory uniform policy. All uniform pieces (shirts and bottoms) are to be purchased from Risse Brothers. Risse Brothers has a store located in Lakeland.
Risse Brothers Lakeland
West Lakeland Business Park
2525 Drane Field Rd, Suite 11
Lakeland, FL 33811
Used uniforms can be purchased from our clothes closet, but sizes and styles are limited. Please call the school in regards to days and times the clothes closet is open.
- Pants -- long navy blue or khaki
- Shorts -- navy blue or khaki (hemline should reach mid-thigh or lower)
- Shirts -- gray or burgundy with MAC block logo (Gr. K-6) or white with MAC block logo for Grades 5 and 6 only
Long or short-sleeved undershirts must be plain WHITE or GRAY only with no logo
- Skorts -- McKeel Academy Central plaid, navy or khaki skorts for Gr. K-6 (hemline should reach mid-thigh or lower)
- Tights and Leggings -- May be worn but must be full length covering the entire leg and WHITE, GRAY or BLACK only. NO CROPPED LEGGINGS ARE PERMITTED.
- Shoes -- Must have closed toe and closed back for safety purposes. No sandals, flip-flops, crocs, or roller shoes. Tennis shoes are REQUIRED for PE!
- Belts -- Must be worn and visible at all times with any bottoms that have belt loops
McKeel Academy Central expects all students to dress appropriately at all times. Uniforms must be worn as follows:
- All pants are to be worn above the hip bone
- Shirts are to be tucked in at all times
- Skirts, skorts and shorts are not to be rolled up
- Buckled belts must be visible and fastened properly
- Body writing or fake tattoos must not be visible
- Earrings: Ears only; no gauges allowed
- Makeup: Makeup may be worn in natural tones only. (Grade 6 girls only)
- Hair: Only naturally occurring hair colors will be permitted (no purple, green, orange, pink, etc.) Student’s hair may not cover their eyes. Students are not allowed to have hairstyles that are considered distracting to the educational process and will be referred to the office. If you are unsure of acceptable styles, please contact an administrator before making the change to your child’s hair
- Backpacks: No offensive or disrespectful writing or drawing on outside. Rolling backpacks will not be permitted for safety purposes.
Non-Uniform or Cold Weather Days
Coats, Jackets, & Undershirt Options
NAVY McKeel Academy Central “Wildcat” hoodies/sweatshirts are available for purchase by order only through our vendor (information on the school website). These and other solid NAVY sweatshirts, jackets or sweaters with no logos may be worn at all times. Plain solid GRAY or solid WHITE long sleeve shirts may be worn under a uniform shirt. Hoods on jackets should not be worn while on campus.
Students are permitted to wear solid BLUE colored, plain (NO holes, patches or designs), regular fit jeans, jean shorts, jean skirt/skort, or jean capris each Friday at a cost of $1.00 or $35.00 for the year prepaid for school fundraising purposes. All jean bottoms must be hemmed with NO frayed edges. Length of shorts and/or skirts should reach mid-thigh or lower. Participation in “Jeans Fundraiser” is optional. Students who do not participate are to wear regular uniform bottoms. Students not complying with the policy in place may lose their Friday jean privilege. McKeel Academy Central sponsored shirts or spirit T- shirts may be worn with jeans or another uniform pant, short, etc. on Fridays only.
Cold Weather Days
Students and parents will be notified the day before a cold weather jeans day if students will be allowed to wear jeans due to the cold temperature. Notifications may be posted on the school website, Facebook page or via email. If no announcement is made, students are to report to school in their regular school uniform. Students are permitted to wear heavy jackets/coats on cold days. However, they are to be removed when they come inside the school building. Jeans worn on cold days must be long jeans, solid BLUE colored, plain (NO holes, patches or designs).
On cold weather days, students may wear a long sleeved shirt under their uniform shirt. They must be SOLID (no writing) gray or white.
Girls can wear tights (white, gray, or black) on cold days. Tights should be full in length and cover the entire leg. No cropped leggings are permitted.
Dress Down Days
Students are not permitted to wear spaghetti strap garments or tank tops. Clothing that is offensive, suggestive, disruptive, or indecent including clothing associated with gangs, or encouraging the use of tobacco, drugs, alcohol, or violence is not permitted. Shoes must be closed toe and closed heel. All dress down attire must meet the dress code requirements in the Polk County Schools Code of Conduct.