3rd Grade Team
Welcome to third grade, Wildcats! I am excited to have you as a part of our third grade family! I love all of the exploring, learning and fun we get to have! I earned my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education (K-6) with an ESOL endorsement and my Master's Degree in Collaborative Teaching in Learning from Florida Southern College. I am so pleased to have been given the opportunity to help make your child’s year in third grade successful! I am looking forward to a great year where we can learn and grow together!
Important Dates to Remember
Monday-Friday, November 19th-23rd- Fall Break
Thursday, December 6th- Christmas Parade
Thursday, December 13th- Chick Fil A spirit night
Tuesday, December 18th- "McKeelville" Day!!
Thursday, December 20th- Third Grade Winter Parent Breakfast 9-9:30: Allen and Masters 9:45-10:15 Bailey and Kindle
Mrs. Allen's Schedule
8:25-9:25 MAC time
2:16- 2:56 Block (Monday- Music Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri- PE)
Art: Wednesday 10:30-11:10
3:00 Dismissal starts
*Media center is Tuesday 1:15-1:45
1. Read 15-20 minutes nightly. Be ready to take an AR test. Students are responsible for earning 2 AR points a week.
2. Practice math facts/ Complete additional Zearn math lessons (4 a week)
2. Practice reading and spelling your spelling words. Test is on Friday. Check your child's agenda for what words they have. Ways to help study Spelling- index cards, rainbow writing (write consonants blue and vowels red), 3 x's each, write words in sentences, spell out loud
Spelling: No spelling this week
Tuesday, October 23rd- Bok Tower
Thursday, January 24th- Lakeland Theatre
Snack: We will have snack time each day and your child is responsible to bring in their own snack and water bottle if they choose. You are more than welcome to send in an extra snack that I can keep for students who forget. If your child forgets his/her snack they have the option of purchasing a snack for .75 cents. They can continue to bring in their own snack, this is just an extra option for them.
Send me a Message
- AR Book Find
- Educational Galaxy- Point of View
- Educational Galaxy- Rounding
- Kahoot rounding challenge
- Poll Ev- Rounding
- Rounding Padlet
- Rounding- MEA lesson
- Sample Reading and Math FSA questions
- Spelling City
- Xtra Math
- Zearn Math
Mrs. Allen doesn't have any important files for you.