3rd Grade Team
Welcome to third grade, Wildcats! I am excited to have you as a part of our third grade family! I love all of the exploring, learning and fun we get to have! I earned my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education (K-6) with an ESOL endorsement and my Master's Degree in Collaborative Teaching in Learning from Florida Southern College. I am so pleased to have been given the opportunity to help make your child’s year in third grade successful! I am looking forward to a great year where we can learn and grow together!
Important Dates to Remember
Thursday, April 11th- Chic Fil A spirit night!
Friday, April 12th- Field Trip to Busch Gardens
Thursday, April 18th- Titanic Day
Friday, April 19th- No School
Tuesday, April 23rd- Field Trip to the Lakeland Flying Tigers Baseball Game
May 8th and 9th- Math FSA
Mrs. Allen's Schedule
8:25-9:25 MAC time
2:16- 2:56 Block (Monday- Music Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri- PE)
Art: Wednesday 10:30-11:10
3:00 Dismissal starts
*Media center is Tuesday 1:15-1:45
1. Read 15-20 minutes nightly. Be ready to take an AR test. Students are responsible for earning 2 AR points a week.
2. Practice division math facts/ Complete additional Zearn math lessons (4 a week)
2. Practice reading and spelling your spelling words. Test is on Friday. Check your child's agenda for what words they have. Ways to help study Spelling- index cards, rainbow writing (write consonants blue and vowels red), 3 x's each, write words in sentences, spell out loud
Spelling: -er suffix
farmer, skater, painter, camper, listener, banker, owner, learner, hiker, catcher, speaker, climber, player, reader, baker, dreamer, reporter, builder, singer, leader
Friday, April 12th- Busch Gardens
Tuesday, April 23rd- Lakeland Flying Tigers Baseball Game
Snack: We will have snack time each day and your child is responsible to bring in their own snack and water bottle if they choose. You are more than welcome to send in an extra snack that I can keep for students who forget. If your child forgets his/her snack they have the option of purchasing a snack for .75 cents. They can continue to bring in their own snack, this is just an extra option for them.
Send me a Message
- AR Book Find
- educational galaxy: graphing
- Educational Galaxy: Length
- Educational Galaxy: Perimeter
- Educational Galaxy: Two step word problems
- Khan Academy Lesson 4/10
- Making Shapes
- NEWESLA Link
- Titanic video 1
- Titanic video 2
- Titanic video 3
- Titanic Video 4
- Virtual Manipulatives
- Xtra Math
- Zearn Math
Mrs. Allen doesn't have any important files for you.