3rd Grade Team
Hi... my name is Ashley Long and I am so excited to return to the third grade team! I am actually a graduate of McKeel Academy of Technology. After graduating from MAT, I attended the University of South Florida and earned my Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education. I am so blessed to have only ever taught right here at MAC! After teaching third and fourth grade for several years I decided it was time for a change. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to teach first grade for the past five years. I grew so much as a teacher and learned a tremendous amount about the foundations of teaching reading. As I begin my thirteenth year teaching, my personal philosophy remains the same- no matter the age of the students in my class. I strive everyday to provide a classroom in which every student feels loved, welcome and uplifted- only then can we begin to learn together.
Looking forward to an AMAZING year...
What We Are Learning
Reading: Describe the connection between sentences and paragraphs in a text, using cause and effect and sequencing.
Writing/Grammar: Punctuate addresses correctly
Spelling: Magic e
Math: Use place value to understand rounding to the nearest 10 and 100.
Science: Forms of Energy, Energy Transfer and Transformations
- Read each night! Even just for 15-20 minutes. You can read to someone, with someone or listen to someone. You can read a book, a magazine, on an iPad, however you choose... just LOVE it! You may log it in your agenda.
- *Weekly spelling words: wise, case, rise, fame, blame, tire, awhile, wife, surprise, alive, huge, alone, cube, beside, chose, became, spoke, drove, scale, invite.
- Math: Zearn at home! Log in information is in the front of your child's agenda. Skills on Zearn are assigned and reinforce what we are learning in class, students should have 4 assignments completed by each Friday. Multiplication/Division- 100 problems in 7 minutes, we practice in class everyday! Students may also log into Xtramath or IXL at home to practice.
- IXL Math Challenge: Students may work to reinforce the skills will be covering in class this week. If they complete 4 tasks at at least 80% in Section C1-C5, D1-D5, P1-P4, B1-B9: , then students will earn extra recess time! For username and password, please check the front of your child's agenda.
- IXL Language Arts: D.1 & V.V.3
Dates to Remember...
Monday, Jan. 6th- Staff/Students Return from Winter Break
Wednesday, Jan. 15th- Field Trip forms/chaperone $ DUE
Thursday, Jan. 16th- Spirit Night, Panera Bread (both locations) 4:00-8:00pm
Friday, Jan. 17th- Report Cards available
Monday, Jan. 20th- MLK Day: No School for Students/Students
Send me a Message
- 50 States Practice
- AR Book Find
- AR HomeConnect
- IXL-Math Practice
- TenMarks- Math Practice