Hello Wildcats! I am super excited to share another fantastic year making music with you!
This is my 6th year teaching at McKeel Academy Central, but I've been an elementary music teacher for Polk County Schools for 21 years. I earned my Bachelor degree in Music Education, K-12 from Florida Southern College back in 1998 and have been teaching elementary music ever since! I am currently certified as an Orff Instructor, World Drumming Instructor, and I'm a National Board Certified Teacher. In addition to being a teacher, I'm a musician and enjoy singing and playing the flute and piano in the community.
It has been my pleasure to work at MAC with you.
Welcome to MUSIC!
All students in grades Pre K through 6th grade have the opportunity to come to music once a week for 40 minutes. In the music classroom you will play xylophones, drums, recorders, boomwhackers, small percussion instruments, ukuleles, and you'll sing, move, create and express yourself in lots of fun ways!
Our curriculum follows the National and State of Florida guidelines for learning. I strive for a nurturing and encouraging environment where students are comfortable, free to open up, sing and move, expressing themselves with confidence and without fear! I hope to share a love for music with each of my students that lasts their lifetime.
In addition to teaching general music classes to all students in PreK-5th grades, I offer these classes that students may choose to join:
Caracal (xylophone ensemble for students in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades)
Bucket Drum Line (students in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades)
Other events that our MAC music students can audition and participate in are:
All County Chorus, All County Orff, All State Chorus and All State Orff.
See Suggested Links in the upper right hand corner of this website for more info!
CARACAL (4th, 5th, and 6th graders)
Music Websites to Explore!
The following websites include fun, educational music games that reinforce concepts learned in class
Dallas Symphony Kids (An extensive site with a wide variety of music games, virtual tour of the symphony, and music listening. It has an excellent timeline game about composers.)
New York Philharmonic Orchestra Kids Zone (Featuring a wide variety of music games, virtual tour of the symphony and pages to meet the musicians and hear the instruments.)
Home of K8 KidTunes
Send me a Message
- Grades 4-5, April 13 - 17, Zoom lesson
- Grades 4-5, April 20 - 24, Zoom lesson
- Jazz - Charlie Parker's Story
- Jazz - Duke Ellington's Story
- Jazz - Ella Fitzgerald's Story
- Jazz - Learn to Scat with Louis Armstrong
- Jazz - This Jazz Man Story
- Kindergarten "I'm a Little Flower" with Ms Cunningham
- Recorder - Hot Cross Buns
- Ukulele Play Along - Let it Be by the Beatles
- Ukulele Play Along - Yellow Submarine by the Beatles
- 1960s video answers
- 1960s video with Ms Cunningham
- 1st Grade Talent Day
- 2nd Grade Talent Day
- 3rd Grade Talent Day
- 4th Grade Talent Day
- 5th Grade Talent Day
- April 20 - 24, K, 1, 2, 3 Zoom lesson with Ms Cunningham
- April 27 - May 1 K, 1, 2, 3 Zoom lesson with Ms Cunningham
- Duke Ellington zoom with Ms Cunningham
- Kindergarten Talent Day
- Mothers Day - You Are My Sunshine Craft
- Mothers Day Craft Directioins
- Mothers Day Sunshine Song
- Music Assignment Grades 4-5, April 13 - 17
- Music Assignment Grades 4-5, April 20 - 24
- Music Assignment Grades 4-5, April 27 - May 1
- Music Assignment Grades 4-5, April 6-10
- Music Assignment Grades 4-5, May 4 - 8
- Music Assignment Grades K-3, April 13-17
- Music Assignment Grades K-3, April 20 - 24
- Music Assignment Grades K-3, April 27 - May 1
- Music Assignment Grades K-3, April 6-10
- Music Assignment Grades K-3, May 4-8
- Music Assignment Grades K-5, March 31 - April 3
- Music Assignment Grades K-5, May 11-15, Elvis Presley
- Music Class Zoom Lesson, May 11 - 15, Elvis Presley
- Talent Day
- Unit 4 Musical Styles
- Zoom Schedule May 4 - 8