5th Grade Team
Hey Wildcats! This year I will begin my 16th year in the classroom. I love doing anything and everything that involves being creative in the classroom. I especially love using technology. Before I started my teaching career, I worked in the banking industry, but decide that working in a career field of helping to develop young minds was more important.
I am looking forward to a great year in 5th grade!
18 - No School
15 - End of 3rd grading period
25-29 - Spring Break
5 - Report Cards
19 - No School
24 - Last Day of School
8:25-8:55 MAC Time
8:55-9:50 1st Period
9:50-10:45 2nd Period
10:45-1:05 3rd Period *Students will go to lunch with their 3rd period teacher.
Lunch (11:51-12:16 Harris, 11:54-12:19 Hay, 11:57-12:22 Lay, 12:00-12:25 McKnight)
1:05-2:15 4th Period
2:15-2:45 Recess/Silent Reading
2:45-3:00 Math Groups
During the 2nd 9 weeks we will be working on fictional text theme.
No Homework Passes can be used on this homework!
Monday - no homework - Conference Night
Tuesday - read 20 minutes
Wednesday - read 20 minutes
Thursday - read 20 minutes
Spelling words that will be tested - Spelling List 7
Why homework is set:
- to allow assessment of children's progress and understanding;
- to allow practice and consolidation of classwork;
- to develop and build foundation skills and knowledge;
- to develop independent study skills;
- to provide opportunities for parental support and home/school dialogue; and,
- to begin to establish study habits at home.